Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:43:35 +0100
From: Samuele Giovanni Tonon <samu@...uxasylum.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Do the precompiled binaries for windows support
 CUDA?

On 02/24/12 02:25, Dan Tentler wrote:
> It's just helpful - since this is mostly a hobby (meaning my work
> doesn't fund hardware, I have to use my own) I don't spend enough time
> cracking passwords to warrant a separate machine with teslas and fermis
> to run linux on. It saves me the trouble of continually having to reboot
> a machine for just one purpose.
>
> That being said, I'm happily using JtR on both mac osx and linux using
> MPI - I'd just love to be able to remotely hit a command prompt on my
> windows machine to leverage that card.
> I suspect that if a build did surface that supported cuda on windows a
> huge tide of new users would appear in the community.

I may sound harsh with this reply but, since you'd really love to see
jtr with CUDA OpenCL on windows, since john is open source and is based
on the effort of many people working in their free time and coding for
hobby, why not trying to compile and port it by yourself ? In this way
you'd help both yourself and john community.

Cheers
Samuele