Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:55:54 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sha1 + hex salt

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:39:05AM -0500, aprivater@...il.com wrote:
> is john supports sha1 bruteforce with a hex salt?

As far as I'm aware, there's currently no easy way to specify salts in
hex, except in some special cases (the XSHA format happens to be almost
right for your case - but see below).

> sha1:20c59472b34ec4b9678b7149d519a2338bc31ba9   salt:00000000
> password is 92086390

This is non-specific: there's infinite number of different ways in which
a salt can be applied.  I've tried checking four obvious ones (prepend,
append, hex-decoded or not) and I am not getting a match for the
plaintext password you included above.

Alexander