Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 04:06:54 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Building a statically linked OMP version of JtR 1.7.9 and JtR 1.7.9 jumbo 5 nearly impossible on Solaris x86

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 05:13:44PM -0500, Robert B. Harris wrote:
> If someone here can tell me what source code the libgomp.a,

libgomp is part of gcc.  Are you using some third-party package of gcc?
If so, try making your own build (install it e.g. in ~/gcc - that is,
inside your user account's home directory).

> librt.a,

This is part of Solaris itself.  If they don't provide librt.a, then you
won't easily get it, but you also might not need it.  You may make a
half-static build instead: link non-Solaris libs such as libgomp in
statically, but link against Solaris-provided libc and librt
dynamically.  I don't know how portable or not the resulting binaries
will be to other versions of Solaris, but at least they won't require
gcc installed.  As to OpenSSL, you can do it either way I think, unless
you specifically brought a newer version of OpenSSL.

How were you able to make and distribute Solaris builds before, though?
Without OpenMP?  But librt should be needed without OpenMP as well,
because John the Ripper itself links against it when on Solaris - IIRC,
it needs it for sched_yield().

Alexander