Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 06:28:04 +0000 (UTC)
From: donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Build an OpenMP in Jumbo 1.7.9-5

Hi All,

Forgive me if this subject was allread answered, but i don't see any
ref's concern the Mac Osx Version, exepted the Erik W. threads.

Anyway, here my question,

I need to compile an new version of "John-Jumbo 1.7.9-5" on OSX Lion.

Actualy i run the E.w version (1.7.8-5) on Snow Leopard on an other
Mac with MPI enable on MakeFile & it's working perfectly...even i
think i am going to stop using the MPI process (mpirun -np "N")
cause i got some crash & some troubles on Mac with that.

Like you know MPI is now out in OSX LION, so i need to enable
the OpenMP directly...

The question is, how to enable it & what is the Patch i have to past
for best perf's ?? ( maybe i missunderstand the principe & maybe
like i read on the readme files..is allready patched & enable !?
the fact to remove the both "#" on MakeFile enable also the process ?

Finaly & for more info's & after trying the Erik Winkler last version
(john/contrib/macosx/john-1.7.8-jumbo-5-macosx-Intel-1)on mac OSX Snow
leopard & Lion is working faster for me than the Last jumbo one( 1.7.9-5)
the reason why i ask about what to enable to set up this last version
for best perf'.

Thanks a lot i advance for your help,

Regards,

Donovan