Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 20:53:04 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR OpenCL patch

2012/1/20 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 09:19:34AM -0500, Rich Rumble wrote:
>> Is there a compiler other than gcc/make I should
>> be using?
>
> My understanding is that you're supposed to have an OpenCL SDK
> installed, but the main compiler remains gcc.  Lukas might provide a
> better answer.
For OpenCL gcc is compiler, *.cl files are compiled in runtime.
For CUDA gcc is compiler, only *cu files are compiled by nvcc and then
linked with rest of gcc files.
I tried use Cygwin once, without success, so I cannot help.
If there were working virtualization methods for opencl and cuda it
would be easy for me to make more targets, testing each patch by hand
is too time consuming.

I would be suprised if pach would work on Cygwin.

Lukas