Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:25:33 -0500
From: Chuck Kahn <chuck.kahn@...t-in-toronto.on.ca>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: official JtR or jumbo for RAR?

After running john (setting MaxLen and MinLen to 2 to keep the test short)
on the rardump file

/usr/local/Cellar/john/john-1.7.9-jumbo-5/run/john --format=rar
> --incremental:Digits2 rardump

comes the repeated message:

RAR -p mode support is not complete yet!
> RAR -p mode support is not complete yet!
> RAR -p mode support is not complete yet!

Followed by the result:

> guesses: 0  time: 0:00:00:02 DONE (Tue Jan 10 12:15:30 2012)  c/s: 40.81
>  trying: 87

It doesn't look like it matched the password "11".  If "RAR -p mode
support" refers to incomplete support of the "p" (password) switch of the
RAR command, does that mean jumbo can't crack RAR passwords?