Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:09:51 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo5 fails to build with OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp -msse2

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 03:22:23PM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
>     DES_fmt.o(.text+0xf1): In function `get_key':
>     : undefined reference to `DES_bs_all'
> Why does it happen?

It looks like you forgot to do a "make clean" between different builds.
Which files provide these symbols varies between builds, and your build
appears to be inconsistent (a mix of different builds).

> Does it mean that "OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp -msse2" case is broken,

No.

> or I am missing something obvious here?

Yes: "make clean".

Also, for optimal performance you need to be using a 64-bit build,
whereas x86-sse.o is only used in 32-bit builds.  Unless you're in fact
on an old 32-bit system, please do a "make clean" and then "make
freebsd-x86-64i".  If this fails, then do another "make clean" and
revert to "make freebsd-x86-64" (without the "i").

Whatever you end up doing, please let the john-users list know of your
results.

Alexander