Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:21:27 -0600
From: Wesley Tansey <tansey@...utexas.edu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Password datasets with creation rules?

Does anyone happen to know of any decent-sized, real-world leaked/attacked
password datasets that are in the wild and employed password creation rules
such as "must contain a number" or "minimum 8 characters"? Plaintext,
hashed, or hashed/salted are all fine as long as I can make a guess against
each entry and query for its existence in the database. I'm looking for
full database releases, not just the cracked ones.

All of the datasets I've found that have decent sample sizes (rockyou,
gawker, phpbb, battlefield heroes beta) seem to have no creation rules
enforced.

Wesley