Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 02:21:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: firstname lastname <psykosonik_frequenz@...oo.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: JTR 1.7.7 Stdout option

JTR has the --stdout option with which we can display the combos generated by JTR on the console.

./john -w:wordlist.txt --rules --stdout

the above command works good.

But, when I apply a custom rule as follows:

./john -w:wordlist.txt --rules=single --stdout

it throws the error:

Extra parameter for option: "--rules=single"

I am using JTR 1.7.7.

When I tried with another verison of JTR, 1.7.7-jumbo-1, I don't face this issue.

Just wanted to bring this to notice if this hasn't been discussed before.

Regards,
NeonFlash