Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 02:32:10 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Linux MIPS

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 10:56:01AM -0400, Nigel Sollars wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a patch to add Linux-Mips to the make file list
> of systems

I'm not aware of one I could share with you, although I think/recall
that people were introducing such make targets on specific occasions.

> or is it just generic?,

"make generic" should just work, yes.  Please try it and report back.

In fact, we'd probably have to add four separate Linux/MIPS make
targets: for big- vs. little-endian and for 32- vs. 64-bit:

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Endianess says:
"On 64-bit the big vs. little endian ratio is rather very large in
favor of big endianess.
On 32-bit kernels there seems to be somewhat a majority of big endian
systems. Distribution download figures suggset approximately a 60:40
ratio."

Alexander