Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:15:44 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GPU passthrough into a VM (was: OpenCL performance numbers on Radeon HD 5870)

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 03:35:03PM +0000, Daniel Zimerman wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right forum,

Not quite, but your question would also be relevant to some uses of JtR
in a VM, which is why I approved the posting anyway.

> If I'm running backtrack as a VM can I take advantage of graphics card cpu and memory?

Usually not, at least not by default.  This depends on your hardware,
virtualization technology in use, and settings.  Try to search the web
for "GPU passthrough".  Disclaimer: I have no experience with this.

Alexander

P.S. Next time you need to post something on a new topic, please start a
new thread (send a new message to the list's posting address).  Don't
"reply" to a barely relevant message, which results in the two threads
mixed up.  Thanks!