Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:36:35 +0200
From: Samuele Giovanni Tonon <samu@...uxasylum.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John with Radeon graphical card supports?

On 08/18/11 17:06, Richard Miles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for delay in reply.
>
> If you allow me I want to do 2 suggestions for you consider on this development:
>
> - If doesn't exist, add support for multiple cards on the same
> computer, for example, someone with 2 graphical cards could have an
> enormous benefits instead of just one.

i still have to take a deep look on how multiple cards work with opencl
however bottleneck at the moment is not about COMPUTING power but
transfer speed; for example between an 5770 and 6970 (both ati radeon)
most of the speed gain is from dma transfer.

Also when you say multiple cards are you referring to SLI (or crossfire)
or just a "put different gpu on the same motherboard" and make them work ?

Because for the first option looks like opencl is not ready enough
(at least on ati) and for the second one something could be done
"manually" with some coding (i'm thinking about nasty tricks with
clGetDeviceIDs and some shell env variable) .

> - Consider add support for WPA/WPA2 handshake. While there is other
> tools for this task they are not fast and powerful (such as rules
> option) as John.

meanwhile have you tried pyrit and make it work with john and -stdout ?
consider that for wpa/wpa2 you'd have to modify rules section to
discard everything less than 8 chars long.

cheers
Samuele