Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 03:55:08 +0000 (UTC)
From: Donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: MPI / OpenMPI

Hi All,

I got an question about OpenMPi / MPI.

On the futur release it will be possible to integrated directly on code the mpi
to bypass the "mpirun -np x ./john..." ????

My says are based today on an Jumbo 5 compiled in macosx-x86-64

I am personaly an bit confused with even that give some good bench, but in use
it's an bit difficult in some cases, here some ex; are an bit stressfull for me,
but again ..it's an personal point of view...

When i launch the mprirun -np x ./john...

The fact to don't see in screen where john are by pressing the "space bar" is an
bit difficult for evaluated , particulary on some hard Hashes..

Otherwise the fact John are multiplaced by " x " ( the principe or MPi i agreed
& understand ) ( mpirun -np x ./john ) let appear on screen the same pass
allready cracked twice, or more time...

I don't no if all OS it's like that , in Mac OS it is the case anyway.

Tonight i got also another fact with "md5_gen(12)", the pass apear on screen and
not on POT ( ./John --format'md5_gen(12)' --show --hashes.txt = 0 pass cracked )
so , i have to copy & past from screen on txt file than run " mpirun -np 4 .john
--format='md5_gen'12)' -w=test.txt hashes.txt " & all the pass be printed on POT
file...

Well, that just some's observations, but would be nice if in the futur we can
Have ONE John running in 64bits & with the improvements of the Mpi or the bench
of the actual "mpirun _np x .."

Thanks,

Regards,

Donovan