Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 04:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: firstname lastname <psykosonik_frequenz@...oo.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: SSHA Format Hashes for JTR

I would like to know, how to format a given hash into a suitable form which can be understood by JTR to crack SSHA1 hash type?

The format which JTR accepts for Netscape LDAP hashes is:

{SSHA}hash

the hash here seems to be base64 encoded.

The perl scripts included in the JTR package can be used to extract the passwords from LDAP. But I am interested in learning how to convert a hash into this format.

Where can I find more details about how exactly this algorithm is used to hash a given plaintext?

Regards,
NeonFlash