Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:32:14 +0200
From: Stefan Hummel <stefan.hummel87@....de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: error while compiling

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest version of John the Ripper jumbo edition
(john-1.7.8-jumbo-5.tar.gz). I want to add the multi core support so I
modified the makefile:

|#
# This file is part of John the Ripper password cracker,
# Copyright (c) 1996-2011 by Solar Designer
#
# ...with changes in the jumbo patch, by various authors
#

CC = gcc
AS = $(CC)
LD = $(CC)
CPP = $(CC)
CP = cp
LN = ln -f -s
RM = rm -f
TR = tr
SED = sed
NULL = /dev/null
CPPFLAGS = -E

## Uncomment the TWO lines below for MPI (can be used together with OMP
as well)
## If you experience problems with MPI_Barrier, remove -DJOHN_MPI_BARRIER
## If you experience problems with MPI_Abort, remove -DJOHN_MPI_ABORT
CC = mpicc -DHAVE_MPI -DJOHN_MPI_BARRIER -DJOHN_MPI_ABORT
MPIOBJ = john-mpi.o

OMPFLAGS =
# gcc with OpenMP
#OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp
# Sun Studio with OpenMP (set the OMP_NUM_THREADS env var at runtime)
#OMPFLAGS = -xopenmp
# icc with OpenMP (for make target linux-x86-64-icc)
#OMPFLAGS = -openmp|

When I start compiling I get the following error message:

|ypt -o ../run/john
gcc: libtool:: file or directory not found
gcc: link:: file or directory not found
mpicc: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [../run/john] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/src/john-1.7.8-jumbo-5/src'
make: *** [linux-x86-64] Error 2
stefan@...ux-ufn8:~/src/john-1.7.8-jumbo-5/src>

So what can I do to fix this error?

Thanks