Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:59:08 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: md5_gen format and sha1

>-----Original Message-----
>From: jm@...izoku.org On Behalf Of Jean-Michel
>Flag=MGF_KEYS_UNICODE_B4_CRYPT

In the current implementation of md5_gen, the above only does ISO-8859-1 ->
UTF-16LE.  It will not perform the full UTF8 -> UTF16LE conversion.  All
that is done is the array is set to NULL, then the string being encoded is
placed into every other character.

Thus for 'simple' dictionaries (i.e. not utf8), what you started below would
work (if right). I will spend a little time getting it right, and I will
post a follow up.  It should not take long.

Jim.