Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:19:32 +0200
From: Jean-Michel <jtr@...izoku.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Issues with gen_md5 new linking method

I applied the patch and everything is working properly with md5_gen(6). The
database loads properly without any error.

Counterpart is that md5_gen(15) and md5_gen(16) are failing now (as well as
a custom algorithm I put in my john.conf file).
Seems to be linked to the "username" functionnality.

--
Jean-Michel

2011/6/6 JFoug <jfoug@....net>

> The problem here, is in load salt (the part where I actually process OUT
> $$2, $$U, $$Fx, which is the salt2, the user id, and the field items).  The
> logic was being triggering on ANY $$ pair.  It would not have mattered if it
> was first, or last. A 2 byte $$ was enough to trigger the logic.   If the
> following value was not a 2, an U a Fx (with x from 0 to 9), then the
> program would exit.
>
> I have made changes, so that the code will ONLY perform this logic if the
> $$ matches one of the patterns ($$2, $$U, $$Fx).   So, with the included
> patch (made against jumbo-5, so you will have to roll back the prior patch),
> it shoudl work through the problems you see.
>
> NOTE that if you have any found hashes that have the salt of $$2 or $$U,
> then those simply will not work any more, sorry.  I 'may' be able to work
> around that issue also, but it may be a larger change, than this simple
> patch here.  However, hopefully, this will get you by until the next jumbo.
>

> Jim.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Michel" <jtr@...izoku.org>

>>> from is $Uuser$$F2field2, but the code is detecting the first $$ and