Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 16:17:30 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MPIRUN error with Mac

websiteaccess@...il.com wrote 2011-05-08 15:32:
> Now I have a folder "opt" at the root of my hard drive :
> Hard drive/Applications
> Hard drive/Bibliotheque
> Hard drive/Developper
> Hard drive/opt<<<---------
> Hard drive/Systeme
> Hard drive/Utilisateurs
>
>   Immediately after installing the upgrade, I did "mpirun -V", I get
> 1.4.3 :)
>   I have restarted my system, I did "mpirun -V", I get version = 1.2.8
> :(
>

>   I'm sure opt folder is not in the right place.
>
>   Help needed.

Maybe it is in the right place, but something that must point to it does
not. If you write "which mpirun" you'll see what path that 1.2.8 is
loaded from. Change your path so the directory with the newer binaries
come before the directory with the old one. This, and likely some other
things, must be correct prior to compiling john. With a lot of luck, if
you change your path so "mpirun -V" says 1.4.3 and just "make clean" and
recompile you will be OK but with some worse luck, the compilation will
still use the older libs. I'm sorry I can't help you further, Mac is not
my turf. Is there a path for libs?

magnum