Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 15:07:05 -0500
From: minga@...ga.com (minga)
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Supercharged John the Ripper Techniques by Rick
 Redman of KoreLogic

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 09:54:50PM +0200, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2011 23:31:09 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I just found that Rick's presentation slides are now available online:
> https://www.owasp.org/images/a/af/2011-Supercharged-Slides-Redman-OWASP-Feb.pdf
> >
> > I've added a link to the above to:
> > http://openwall.info/wiki/john/tutorials
> > Rick - thank you!
> > Alexander
>
> In the PDF, at "slide 8" there is a screenshot, the url is hidden, do
> you know that place ?

Fyi.

Rick = Minga = CrackMeIfYouCan = Me.

That is my presentation for people "new" to password cracking and not really
john experts. I had to remove LOTS of john-specific information from there
because I never got in front of an actual group of john-users. i.e. markov,
ETC.

The URL to that site is private. But sites like that do exist - and are
actively being used to compromise stolen passwords. That was the point of that
slide. i.e. no one is safe .. blah blah blah.

Also - that PDF was made to be geared toward members of OWASP - so there are
multiple references to web development/web passwords/etc.

-Minga