Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:50:41 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: definitely crashing <slowlydryingup@...il.com>
Subject: Re: exhausted all lanman hashes -- error? -- newbie Q

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:40 PM, definitely crashing
<slowlydryingup@...il.com> wrote:
> Do any of the rainbow table sites have an API?  Wouldn't it be clever if
> Johns first order of business was to check this resource?
They may, I bet someone could make a simple curl script to do the checking...
Cain&Able has this ability, has for a few years really... LM is being phased
out more and more, Vista and greater have LM hashes turned off by default
(only took them 10 years too many to do that...) It might be just as well to
have JtR check local rainbow tables, perhaps both types
Ophcrack
Antsight (or where ever their website is now...
But I don't even bother with LM most times especially since one can grab
a torrent of them whenever they want to have a copy.
-rich