Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:19:02 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: move most GSoC discussions to john-dev

Hi,

I think we should start moving GSoC discussions to john-dev.  So far,
some occurred on john-users and some on john-dev.  We got useful
comments from some folks who are on john-users but not on -dev (yet?),
but we shouldn't be abusing john-users for discussions around JtR
development indefinitely.  I am going to continue replying to messages
in existing threads in here, and others are encouraged to do so as well,
but please join john-dev and start new development focused threads on
john-dev from now on.  You may subscribe here:

http://www.openwall.com/john/#lists

It is still appropriate to post to john-users when we need users'
feedback on proposed functionality or when we have anything ready for
end users (e.g., a useful patch).  However, advanced discussions of
source code, etc. should proceed on john-dev.

Thanks,

Alexander