Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:00:04 -0500
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: John 1.7.6 Jumbo 12 w/ OMP for Win32

I created a new Windows version of John 1.7.6 w/ the jumbo 12 patch plus the following additional patches:

- parallelization of bitslice DES with OpenMP, revision 1.7.6-omp-des-7
- md5-gen-3 early release patch
- support for hmailserver and SybaseASE hashes

The binary is available at http://www.macunix.net/JTR/john-1.7.6-jumbo12-omp-win32-1.zip.

Attached is a sample benchmark running under WindowsXP on a 3.3 Ghz Core 2 (E8600).  I have only tested it lightly on WindowsXP and Window7 and would like any and all feedback.

Erik

View attachment "john win32 OMP benchmark.txt" of type "text/plain" (7357 bytes)