Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:22:53 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: rawsha1 e NSLDAPS jumbo 12 opencl patch

Samuele,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 09:55:52PM +0100, Samuele Giovanni Tonon wrote:
> attached here a patch for jumbo12 to add rawsha1 and NSLDAPS formats
> cracking with opencl.

That's very nice, but I am puzzled why you don't focus on slower hashes
first, where the efficiency will be much greater?

> With a salted hash opencl was able to go 2x time faster than original:

I suspect that Simon's SSE2 intrinsics patch will outperform your OpenCL
implementation...  Perhaps try it for a "fair" comparison?  That's
john-1.7.6-jumbo-12-intrinsics-2 on the wiki:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches

Thanks,

Alexander