Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:04:29 +0100
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: FreeBSD crypt() / MD5-crypt implementation question

Le 31/01/2011 16:32, Freddie Witherden a écrit :
> implementation is not ideal (I am reasonably confident that you can get
> 20% out of it without too much work) it does perform better than the

That would be quite a nice improvement. The MD5 body function is pretty
tight (performs like barswf, and I know nothing that is faster), but the
"dispatch" part is far from optimal. According to my last profiling it
only accounted for 15% of the processing time. I'm not sure where the
low hanging fruits are in this patch ...