Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:51:56 +0100
From: Samuele Giovanni Tonon <samu@...uxasylum.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: opencl sha1 jtr and others some experiments and
 some suggestion

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 16:46 +0100, Simon wrote:
> The cmp function would work on an old set of hashes, but it could be
> managed by keeping the corresponding cleartexts and having get_key work.
>
> I'm sure this is not making sense if you don't know how JtR is
> architectured, and it is likely it wouldn't be making much more if you
> do know :)

No, actually it all makes sense and i've been able to work a bit on it:
md5 opencl kernel already implemented that kind of "DMA" transfer so it
was quite easy.
instead of keeping just one text password i keep an array of
PLAINTEXT_LENGTH * SSHA_NUM_KEYS with SSHA_NUM_KEYS being that "chunk".
At the same way the hash is stored in an array of HASH_SIZE *
SSHA_NUM_KEYS, what i'm missing at the moment is how the cmp_* functions
work and how to give back the index to the main procedure:
some sort of
if binary == hash[x]
  return saved_key[x]

at the moment i'm stuck with a problem with cmp_one and cmp_all: since
i have global array of hash when cmp_all is called, is called always
with the correct index, however cmp_one doesn't have any knowledge of it
and it's called with index==1 so i go to check the wrong hash .

The only solution at the moment has been to always return 1 to cmp_one i
need to understand if there's a better way.

If everything goes good soon i should be able to release a good patch
for raw sha1

Regards
Samuele
--
While various networks have become deeply rooted, and thoughts have been
sent out as light and electrons in a singular direction, this era has