Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:27:18 -0800
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NTLM and OpenCL 1.0

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com> wrote:
> Mmm...in windows there is no problem with this. In Mac using CPU
> device works. At exit i release all resources used by OpenCL. I add a
> small code to unmap the mapped memory in this patch. I think this is
> the problem.

Hi Alain,

I tried running your patch on a ATI Radeon 4870 system (with ATI
Stream SDK 2.3, Catalyst 10.12, Linux 64-bit system, GCC 4.5.2). The
OpenCL kernel fails to compile with "goto statement not allowed"
errors (log attached). It seems that ATI's  OpenCL implementation is
somewhat more "strict" than NVIDIA's. Also, is there a specific reason
why cl_platform.h file is included in the patch?

I have updated your patch to fix a minor typo and to print compilation
failures. The attached patch applies cleanly on top of
JtR-1.7.6-jumbo-9.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

View attachment "JtR-ATI-OpenCL-fail.txt" of type "text/plain" (536 bytes)

Download attachment "john-1.7.6-jumbo-9-ntopencl-6.diff.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (21802 bytes)