Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:58:07 -0700
From: ultramegaman <seclists@...ramegaman.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: need help with AK1 hashes

Hello,

I'm not sure the best place to ask this, so I'm sending it here.

I have some encrypted passwords. I've been calling them "AK1 hashes",
because they have the prefix AK1, followed by a base64-encoding of 32
bytes. I'd rather not say where they are from right now as I don't
want to attract the attention of the vendor. If you know where they
come from, please keep it to yourself. The short story is that the
device these hashes come from is an appliance.

At the bottom I've included 5 samples. They are all encrypted versions
of the same password, on the same device, for the same username.
Salted hash? Maybe. My other theory is that they are encrypted with a
secret key within the appliance, which would obviously turn this
password cracking project into a reverse engineering one.

The vendor claims there is no password recovery option for their
devices; I'd like to prove them wrong. If you know anything about this
password encoding technique, please send me an email.

Thank you,
ultramegaman

Samples:
AK1qMcbFCj5dLusdjY/M8MgUC0JAhrDNq3K4Xn8GETv5fU=
AK1AS3lmocr8Y5ECLk+ntshErUyjNqwXjmoq6B4iie3mWk=
AK1j6nxZa49zxhyqgKC13RRAwEBbKdijjqcMwYMM7qUu04=
AK1CYbgGuOBM/dNpnXUxvTQ9pPjkf7zNdbsZ5Cq5mByW6E=
AK1ysFNoeLTfqOlitc++/dPaFsUW6xeId70WEBChxh3JUA=