Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:24:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: William <phoolon_devi@...oo.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: which john & options to use for Mac OS X 10.4+ salted SHA-1 using OSX 10.6?

I'm trying to crack a old .iso of mine which I've forgotten
the pw for (really).  I dumped the file and its a Mac OS X 10.4+ salted
SHA-1

I'm using John 1.7.3 pro on a MacMini running OS X 10.6

I've
 been running the john command against it for 7 days now.  What would be
 the best way to crack this sucker?  Should I use  the patched 1.7.6 jumbo 7 macosx universal 3?   I bought the pro 1.7.3, is there a new one out? When i loaded it onto the MacMini, I had to dl Rosetta...

I've tried to get the 1.7.6 jumbo 7 running, but it's not working.  Keep getting
"-bash: john: command not found"

different syntax on 1.7.6?  What's the best to use: --rules  or --single or what?

Yah, massive newbie influx of questions... THANKS for any input...
-M