Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:43:30 -0500
From: Charles Weir <cweir@...edu>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Rule to replace strings

> /[2009] s[2009][2010]
> something like that isn't it?

Hey thanks Rich but the rules preprocessor treats those as individual
characters. Aka I ran that on the word "test2009" and it output the
following guesses:

test2009
test0009
test1009
test2229
test2009
test2119
test2002
test2000
test2001

The weird thing was it didn't create nearly as many guesses as I
thought it would. Aka I would expect test0000 to show up.

Regardless though I really just want it to output test2010.

Thanks
Matt