Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 06:02:05 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Substitution ciphers

I have a few plain-texts, and it's substitution for sure. I would look for a
probability rather than a concrete "this is the answer key". I've realized
just trying to break the cipher by hand that it's not like most simple ciphers
I've dealt with. This one must not be in order like most I've encountered
a-z 0-9... this one is like a 3 t 9 c & 2 z ~ " and so on...
Thanks for the tool suggestion, I'm looking at it now, pretty slick!
If anyone wants a challenge perhaps check out the plain-texts I do have
here: http://xinn.org/cipher2.txt

I thought since I know quite a few of the plain-text and the key's used that
it could be possible to figure out which order of what I think is a
vigenere cipher
block is in, at least in certain positions. But perhaps it's 68 to the 68th and
might not be worth it?