Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:14:22 +0200
From: bartavelle@...quise.net
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: SSE intrinsics patch update

I've updated my patch on the Wiki. I hope it is working, as it has been
done hastily. It is to be applied over john-1.7.6-jumbo6. It includes
the following changes :
* Some copyright clarifications, which could be included in the jumbo patch
* SSE intrinsics code for the raw MD5 function, raw SHA1 and MD5 crypt
* format updates to use these functions in raw-md5, md5, raw-sha1
* new salted-sha format, to be used with LDAP SSHA hashes. It is
probably not working as expected because I just wrote the set_key function
* new targets for 64 bit icc and clang

It is recommanded to use this patch with icc, or clang if icc is not an
option. Using it with gcc should result in decreased performance over
"vanilla" jumbo.

To be downloaded here :

http://openwall.info/wiki/_media/john/john-1.7.6-jumbo6-intrinsics-2.diff.gz