Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:52:14 -0400
From: Charles Weir <cweir@...edu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Consonant Vowel Patterns

Ack, I 'corrected' the below when I sent my previous e-mail to read
'four letters' instead of 'five letters'
> #four letters followed by two numbers
> $[aeioucrk]$[a-z]$[a-z]$[a-z]$[0-9]$[0-9]

Since the rules for that config file work on an input dictionary
containing just 26 entries, 'a-z', the above rule would actually
result in a five letter word followed by two digits, (aka it appends
four characters to an input dictionary word of one character). The
comments in the config file download are still correct.

Matt Weir
http://reusablesec.blogspot.com