Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 19:05:06 -0400
From: kenshin himura <foufou33@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: DES bit slice VS standard

Hi all,

do you have any pointer regarding the use of JR to exhaust the key space of
DES (simple plain old ECB DES) ??
that is I'm trying to implement something using CUDA.
Do I have any advantage to use Bitsliced implementation over the statndard
one?
The situation is like this :
Given:  Cipher text . the first bytes of the plaintext (or at least what
they should look like)
unkonwn:  Key (of course :)) and plain text

The idea is to decrypt the first (and only the first block) and may times as
needed (in parallel : CUDA) extract first bytes and compare if intresting
store it.

As I understand the Bitslice is good for multiple enc/dec on diffrent blocks
using the same key  so in this situation does it really give the edge over
table lookups ??

Thanks

 --
- Unix is fundamentally a simple system, but you have to be a genius to
understand it's simplicity.