Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:50:49 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: contest results

I had a lot of fun with this, I'm sorry I only dedicated 8 threads to
it, but after
the first 12 hours I'd run out of variations using single, leet, leet
prepend, leet
append, dumbforce, keyboard etc... I'm sure I duplicated Solar's and
others efforts
initially. Eventually I tried writing other rules, using other
dictionaries, more of Solar's
rules, concentrating on NTLM. I also poisoned the well, my pot's
contained a good
bit of old hashes. I should of prepared better in the 8hrs prior to
contest start, well
even before that would of been a good idea :)

> I guess I need to share our stuff too, although I'm not sure I have
> _exactly_ the last contest submission's results saved (I may have only
> slightly earlier and slightly later post-contest results).

With all the duplicate cracks I wonder if it's easy to tell who
contributed what, it may
become who contributed first? Anyway I'm still very keen to learn more
of Jtr, and use
other modes like Markov and parallel. knownforce is another mode I've
not worked with
I'd like to explore. Nonetheless, I hope I helped this time around and
I'll certainly be
back if there is a next contest.
-rich
xinn.org