Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:15:49 +0200
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Contest Details - "Crack Me If You Can" - DEFCON
 2010

Le 29/07/2010 21:52, Solar Designer a écrit :
> Yes: I've just registered a john-users team for the contest, although at
> this point I don't yet know if it'll be just me or a team.  I/we will
> deliberately avoid the use of "competing" tools (besides, the only good
> ones I'm aware of are closed-source).  Let's see if we can build a team:

I would be interested in knowning what the good ones are in your
opinion. I got a licence from EDPR bought from my employer two years ago
only to find it was garbage : slow, agent only working on windows and
the oracle cipher crashed the agent. I don't even mention the chore it
was to import a 10 user shadow file, or the fact that it couldn't do
anything more sophisticated than bruteforce ...