Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:22:25 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: 1.7.6-jumbo-5

Hi,

I've just released 1.7.6-jumbo-5, available at the usual place:

http://www.openwall.com/john/#contrib

This includes only two changes since -jumbo-4.  One is to "--show"
behavior with LM and NTLM hashes.  It's the same patch I posted here:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2010/07/15/1

The other is a fix for the only bug in JtR 1.7.6 that was reported to me
so far.  The bug existed since 1.7.4.2.  It is a segfault (NULL pointer
dereference) in "single crack" mode that may be triggered when some
entries in the input file(s) have usernames, but some don't (that is, a
line starts with a colon or lacks colons at all - includes only a hash).
I've attached a patch with a fix for this bug only.  By distributing the
patch like this and including it in the jumbo patch, I hope to get this
fix tested a bit more before I release a new version of JtR.  Please
note that if you apply this patch to an existing JtR build tree, you
must "make clean" before you do a new build.

Alexander

View attachment "john-1.7.6-single-have_words-fix-1.diff" of type "text/plain" (2041 bytes)