Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:55:18 +0200
From: bartavelle@...quise.net
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: clang benchmarks

I did a few clang benchmarks. Here are some results (best of 5 runs) :

Vanilla john
DES 2708/2313
MD5 12232
BF 734
LM 13740

Vanilla john, replaced gcc by clang in the Makefile
DES 2704/2280
MD5 7961
BF 461
LM 15274

Vanilla john, replaced gcc by icc and changed flags to -fast
DES 2712/2292
MD5 11557
BF 696
LM 14305

Now with my MD5 implementation (uses SSE intrinsics):
gcc 15696
icc 32364
clang 19644

Details :
gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1)
clang version 2.0 (trunk 103935)
icc Version 10.1
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9550  @ 2.83GHz
Linux host 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 9 22:29:32 UTC 2010 x86_64
GNU/Linux