Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 05:26:41 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Xgrid

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 09:01:11PM -0500, Kaleb Hosie wrote:
> I'm testing the security of passwords at my work and I'm curious as to
> whether anybody has gotten JtR to work with Xgrid?

I think not.

> If not, then is there another other way to cluster a mscash cracking
> job? Any help is appriciated. Thank you

Most of the ways described here should work:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/parallelization

Of the MPI patches, John Anderson's is the currently maintained one.
You can download just the patch (updated for recent versions of JtR):

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches

or you can download a build of JtR with the patch (older versions):

http://www.bindshell.net/tools/johntheripper

You may also download from:

ftp://ftp.openwall.com/pub/projects/john/contrib/parallel/mpi/

Alexander