Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:54:38 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MPIrun JTR cracking passwords up to 13 letters with foreign language.

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 07:48:02AM +0100, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
>  I changed original source (params.h) with instructions as shown at
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2008/03/17/1
> ----------------------
> #define CHARSET_MIN			' '
> #define CHARSET_MAX			0xFF
> #define CHARSET_SIZE			(CHARSET_MAX - CHARSET_MIN + 1)
> #define CHARSET_LENGTH			8
> #define CHARSET_SCALE			0x10
> ----------------------
>
>  I did :
>  1) change original source with code above

According to the compiler errors, you did not do this correctly.
Perhaps you did not include the space character between the apostrophes
on the CHARSET_MIN line.  As an alternative, you can specify:

#define CHARSET_MIN			0x20

and the rest of the settings as shown above.  This avoids the visual
ambiguity and the need to enter the space character literally.

>  2) patch MPI-10 applied
>  3) patch jumbo 2 applied
>  4) compiled
>
>  I get during compilation :
>
> In file included from charset.c:25:
> charset.h:58:48: error: empty character constant
[...]

Alexander