Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:07:16 +0100
From: "websiteaccess@...il.com" <websiteaccess@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: cracked passwords up to 10 characters with 1.7.5

Hi

 Some months ago, I requested help about cracking passwords up to 10
letters/digits (was with JTR 1.6.x if I remember right).

 With latest 1.7.5, and all changes in the .conf, old advices do not
works. Could you tell me how to do, what must be changed in the .conf.

 I tried with dumbforce , I changed :

	minlength = 1;	// Initial password length to try, must be at least 1
	maxlength = 10;	// Must be at least same as minlength   <------  8 to
10

 but, JTR try letters/digits up to 8 only.

 Why is it so hard to change something about length password in JTR,
it's so easy in passwordspro :-/

 Thanks,

 W.A.