Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:13:26 +0000
From: Paul Needham <pmaneedham@...mail.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: UNSHADOW from Windows

Thanks for the reply Alexander - much appreciated.

Could have been a simple typo, mindyou I did relocate the solaris files to a new directory so perhaps that affected it.

Anyway, now I have a file that is in the following format:

username: hash

For the record, could I not have just pasted the username hash and created my own file, as the unshadow command only seems to have taken the username and hash and put it in the correct format?

Regards,

Paul