Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:52:33 -0600
From: RB <aoz.syn@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Questions about LARGE multiple patch files

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 15:22, Lee Hambley <lee.hambley@...il.com> wrote:
> I have a verbatim copy of the 1.7.3.4 release in Git, hosted freely at
> Github.com - it's a tricky version control system if you are unfamiliar, but
> there are familiar interfaces cloned from all the popular SCMs available;
> I'd be happy to grant you access to my repository, or you could `fork` it,
> and work there?

Unless Solar switches over as well, you'd be better off using 'git
cvsimport' to clone openwall.org's CVS so you can have the whole
series of logs and changes.  It's time-consuming and mildly tricky,
but once it's there the maintenance is easy.  I maintain a private
copy of both (CVS and tarball-based), and will eventually move only to
the CVS one once I move all my changes out of the tarball.  Perhaps
for everyone's benefit I should start pushing the CVS-based one up to
a public interface as well.