Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 06:33:59 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: unknown error  max_size=5000000

----- Original Message -----
From: "websiteaccess" <websiteaccess@...il.com>

> With john my new 1.7.3.2, I get this error :
>
> Loaded 1 password hash (IPB2 MD5 [Invision Power Board 2.x salted MD5])
> wordfile had 189240 lines and required 1513920 bytes for hash table.

That is an informational message, not an error (the last 2 lines of the
message).   It will likely go away in a -2 update to the performace patch.
It is information, but more or less debugging information that was left in.

It is simply telling you that this small dictionary file is being loaded
into memory and accessed from there, and not from disk.  It is a performance
gain for john, and for some things (like rule processing that would normally
read and re-read the file many times), it is a significant performance gain.

Jim.