Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:33:33 +0200
From: SL <auditor@...chat.de>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: patching error :((

Am 25.08.2009 um 09:33 schrieb websiteaccess <websiteaccess@...il.com>:

> I get error "-bash: wget: command not found"

Mince, I forgot that wget is not part of Apple's standard distribution.

Following options:
- install FINK (www.finkproject.org), it includes wget
- search and download standalone wget for OSX
- download those files manually (with Safari) and place them in /tmp/
compile
- use CURL instead of wget, it does almost the same and IS distributed
by Apple ("man curl" or google for correct parameters, I'm on iPhone
and can't look them up right now)

Bon courage, tu es prèsque arrivé.

As for the source of those patches: go to www.openwall.com, look for
"wiki", then inside the wiki, proceed to "John" and "patches". If you
want to contribute, write your experiences there. You may do it in
French, I or others will translate.