Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:09:00 -0400
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: john on ipod

To get john compiled for the ipod, I did a cross compile under MacOS X
for the ARM processor then copied the binary to the ipod via a USB
cable.  You can find more information at this URL about cross
compiling under MacOS X if you are interested:

http://www.spaudemedia.com/blogs/blog_20071130_ARM7Toolchain06.html

Only certain ipods support disk mode under linux (such as 3rd Gen ipod
and 1st Gen ipod nano) to allow the transfer of files to them.  I am
not sure about unlocked ipod touch and iphone models.

Erik