Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:48:31 +0900
From: "Dumplinger Boy" <nasay.ognad@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bitslice DES fast implementation for AltiVec(PPC)

Thank you for replying.

> 2008/12/21 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> What are you using to generate your sboxes-alti.c file?

Of cource, it does not depend to the Matthew Kwan's S-boxes expressions.
Kwan's code was designed for a general RISC processors (with having 2-source
operand logical operation).

To get my own code, I used the automatic code generator, which optimized by me
for MUX and some 2-source operand instructions.
Perhaps, the generator is more specialized than Marc Bevand's sbox-gen.
(The idea of Bevand is not the best though thinks it is wonderful as the method
 for the request of the shortest number of gates.)

> Would you like your code to be integrated into the official JtR, into
> the jumbo patch, or not at all?
>
> For the official JtR, your use of a BSD license is problematic; I'd
> prefer public domain or an even more relaxed license, obviously
> compatible with both BSD and GPL and not requiring anything extra.
> http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/ says that the 2-clause BSD
> license is GPL-compatible, yet I think it imposes extra restrictions -
> namely, it requires that it be "reproduced" on copies of the software.
> So merely including the GNU GPL with the software (or referring to it)
> becomes no longer sufficient.

It was careless.
I will change to a dual license of BSDL/GPL, and to GPL version here:

http://download.kousaku.in/trip/BitsliceDES-sboxes-20081222-GPL.zip
(The code for Cell SPU is bundled)