Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:24:14 +0200
From: "Samuel Moñux" <smonux@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NetscreenOS passwords

2008/6/20 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:59:34PM +0200, Samuel Mo?ux wrote:
> > I have made a little patch for auditing Netscreen OS passwords. ...
>
> Thank you for your contribution.  We'll consider it for the next
> revision of the jumbo patch.
>
> Meanwhile, you could want to fix two things:

I do attach the patch again, with that minor corrections, and a python
script for generating ciphered passwords. Anyway, the guy who first
unscrambled Netscreen's password format has just released his JtR
patch[1], so the whole effort has been pretty pointless.

Best regards,
Samuel

[1] http://esec.fr.sogeti.com/blog/dotclear/?2008/06/19/34-patch-netscreen-pour-john-the-ripper

View attachment "netscreen.py" of type "text/plain" (819 bytes)

View attachment "john-1.7.2-netscreen-2.diff.txt" of type "text/plain" (18447 bytes)