Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 00:33:30 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: wiki page on parallelization

Hi,

RB has contributed this wiki page on existing efforts to introduce
parallel processing and distributed processing into JtR:

	http://openwall.info/wiki/john/parallelization

and I've just added links to the above page from:

	http://openwall.info/wiki/john
	http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches

RB - Thank You!

A possible improvement could be to mention trivial/manual approaches as
well - as many of you know, I've been advocating those for simple cases
(say, for up to 4 CPUs/cores) until we have official parallelization
support in JtR.  Maybe there should be a "parallelization" DokuWiki
namespace (in addition to the wiki page), such that relevant patches
would be uploaded to under that namespace and such that we could have a
sub-page on the manual approaches.

Please keep these contributions coming.

Thanks again,

Alexander