Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:05:48 -0500
From: "Steve ......" <lynx.9595@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: What type of passwords does john crack?

anyways I got the key so techinally I should be able to crack the hmac md5
hash now though it doesnt seem to be that simple..
I tried making a hmac md5 hash of a password I knew and of a key I knew.. I
then passed the hmac hash to MDCrack and used the HMAC-MD5 option and the
nonce option being my key I used when I made the hash but it doesnt seem to
crack it still.. it just contiunes to run without success on a easy password
so somethings wrong.. anyways before I digress here and since this is the
john forums I was looking at the hmac patch for john but its only for
version 1.6.3 or whatever it was and im using the newest john so I think im
out of luck there..
Steve