Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:00:41 +0000 (UTC)
From:  helleye <jameskond@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  Re: question about charsets

Solar Designer <solar@...> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 05:18:28PM +0000, helleye wrote:
> > if i write a lil prog to output to -stdout words based on inc mode depth 3
> > (sensitive to position and word length)
> > you think it will improve chances to hit passwords?
>
> I've kind of addressed this in my previous response.  This will definitely
> improve the "memory effect", but that's not what you want.  It is not
> certain whether it will improve the "learning ability" or not, but you
> can give it a try.

sorry , responed with post 1523 before i was able to see this msg

ok , i wrote a charset generator , and a wordlist generator
words looks like

starters
starter1
startere
starterr
startern
starter2
starteri

and on -i -stdout

barissa
barissy
barison
barisor
bariner
bariney
barings
baringo
barting
bartine
barties
bartie1
barther
barthes
bartham
barthan

i think that the trick is the seed you use ?
every 1 it change last char , 2 - one before ,4 - two before and so on
and does it by rounds according seed

anyway can you correct me / elaborate on how to do the rounds please ?

thanks in advance
helleye